3 Small Towns in 2 States, on 1 River with 2 Names!
McCaysville, Georgia and Copperhill, Tennessee are two blended cities that straddle the U.S. state lines of Georgia & Tennessee along a beautiful river that has two names: The Toccoa River or The Ocoee River, depending in which state you happen to be standing. Ducktown, Tennessee is just 3 miles north and is the official home of the whitewater rafting area of the Ocoee River, the 1996 Olympic Games Whitwater Slalom Competition Venue, the Cherokee National Forest Hiking & Biking Trails, and the Ducktown Mining Museum.
Come experience what so many people who live here or travel here on the Blue Ridge Scenic Railway are discovering… we are 3 towns with 1 state of mind!
This once thriving Copper Mining Community is now a destination for outdoor sports enthusiasts, old-timey train aficionados, flea market – auction – antique store hounds, and folks who love history and lore.
- Float the cool mountain waters of the Toccoa River
- Raft & paddle the rapids of the nearby Olympic Ocoee River Whitewater Venue (home of the 1996 Olympic Whitewater Canoe & Kayak Slalom competition)
- Ride the Blue Ridge Scenic Railway tourist train
- Shop in our quaint stores
- Grab an ice cream cone or bag of kettle corn
- Eat a fantastic meal at one of our many restaurants
- Take care of your banking
- Stop in at our family veterinarian clinic to pick up pet needs or a quick pet-check up
- Shop in our wonderful grocery store that is a throw back to simpler times
- Buy a Lotto Ticket and, perhaps, change your fortune
- Think about moving here if you are not already a Greater Copper Basin citizen!