Welcome to the Greater Copper Basin
McCaysville, Georgia and Copperhill, Tennessee are two blended cities that straddle the U.S. state lines of Georgia & Tennessee along a beautiful river that has two names: The Toccoa River or The Ocoee River, depending in which state you happen to be standing.
Come experience what so many people who live here or travel here on the Blue Ridge Scenic Railway are discovering… we are 2 towns with 1 state of mind!
This once thriving Copper Mining Community is now a destination for outdoor sports enthusiasts, old-timey train aficionados, flea market – auction – antique store hounds, and folks who love history and lore.
- Float the cool mountain waters of the Toccoa River
- Raft & paddle the rapids of the nearby Olympic Ocoee River Whitewater Venue (home of the 1996 Olympic Whitewater Canoe & Kayak Slalom competition)
- Ride the Blue Ridge Scenic Railway tourist train
- Shop in our quaint stores
- Grab an ice cream cone or bag of kettle corn
- Eat a fantastic meal at one of our many restaurants
- Take care of your banking
- Stop in at our family veterinarian clinic to pick up pet needs or a quick pet-check up
- Shop in our wonderful grocery store that is a throw back to simpler times
- Buy a Lotto Ticket and, perhaps, change your fortune
- Think about moving here if you are not already a Greater Copper Basin citizen!